The 2021 season will commence on Saturday 24 April 2021 at IWSNA, Cintra Park, Crane Street, Concord.
Ashbury will field 29 teams from 8s through to Seniors, along with our Mini Magpie program.
- The competition fixture is now available from the Inner West website. Select drop down - 2021 Winter and select relevant age/grade.
- Coaches, please make sure that players, especially new players, have a meeting place or court number to meet on the first day. Court Plan,
- Parking is very congested around Cintra Park and I would ask you to leave plenty of time to get to the grounds and to please be considerate of the residents and DO NOT PARK IN DRIVEWAYS.
- There is no March Past again this year.
A number of the restrictions that were in place in 2020 have now been removed. All games are now back to their usual times and there are no limitations on the number of people who can attend the courts on Saturdays as we come under the current Government and Health guidelines. We do need to still adhere to the following:
- ALL attendees MUST register their attendance by way of the QR Code located on the back of the score sheet; on Post pads and other entry and exit areas. This does not apply to players as this is recorded on the scoresheet.
- Social distancing should be maintained at all times.
- If anyone is unwell or experiencing COVID like symptoms they are NOT to come to netball and should get tested.
SCORE SHEETS AND SCORING
- One team to nominate a scorer for the whole game (no swapping) who will be responsible for scoring AND ticking player participation in the appropriate space on the score sheet. If a player is absent the tick box should be left blank. It is generally accepted that the first name team should score but this is not a rule.
- Scorer to record all details of any players playing up e.g. Full name printed legibly PLUS the team they are playing up from.
- There will be no photo cards used this year.
- Score sheets will be placed in the centre circle before each game and picked up from the centre circle at the end of each game as per last year (volunteers to help with this welcome)
Any questions regarding scoring please email email@example.com or seek out a member of the ANC Committee on the day.
- Please also remember, strict guidelines for uniforms apply - green and white dress, mainly white socks and appropriate footwear, black sports briefs (NO BIKE PANTS).
- Any enquiries regarding uniforms, please contact our Uniform Coordinator, Merrill Sells (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NO JEWELLERY (this includes ear-rings, nose-rings, rings, bracelets etc. ALL MUST BE REMOVED.
- If anyone has had their ears pierced recently, they cannot be TAPED, ear-rings must be removed. Please leave all jewellery at home so it doesn't get lost.
- If players have long hair, it must be tied back and out of their eyes.
With the lifting of COVID restrictions fund-raising BBQs are back this year and ANC has been allocated 22 May 2021 for our BBQ. We will be in contact shortly calling on volunteers and with further details.
In the case of wet weather during the season, a decision is usually made on the morning of the game, although in some instances the grass courts may be closed the night before by Council. Team Coaches will be advised about wet weather decisions and messages will be posted on our website and Facebook page.
The Vision and Mission Statements of the Ashbury Netball Club will be underpinned by demonstrating the following values:
Attitude A positive mind-set produces a positive outcome
Safety Always put safety first and always play safe
Honesty Look at yourself first
Behaviour Set yourself high standards
Understanding Be considerate of fellow members playing ability
Respect Be considerate of fellow members and your surroundings
You Ashbury is your Netball Club
Wishing everyone a successful season.