On Saturday 14 March 2020 the IWSNA Committee met to discuss the Federal Government Crowd Bans which will come into effect from 16 March 2020 in a bid to maintain the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
For this reason, the decision has been made to postpone the start of the Winter Competition to Saturday 2 May (after the Easter break). We will be updating how the fixture will be implemented to allow Rounds 1 and 2 to be played. The Winter comp fixture will be available over the next few days.
For the time being training will continue and I would ask you all to adhere to the following guidelines:.
- Do not attend training if you have any cold or flu like symptoms;
- Prior to beginning any training all players and coaches should make sure they clean their hands thoroughly with soap and water, or with an alcohol based hand rub.
- Avoid shaking hands, kissing, hugging or high-fiving your teammates for the time being.
- Clothing ie jumper and sportswear not placed on top of each other.
- Drink bottles kept upright and separated.
- Please seek medical advice before attending training if you have returned from an overseas trip or had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the last 14 days about whether you need to self-isolate.
We will continue to keep you updated on any further changes as they come to hand.
Grading has been finalised and once the playing times have been published we will share all this information with the teams.